Wanderlust Thread Journal Kit
Embroidery - embroidery pattern - thread journal - year of stitches - Sew Unique Journal - Wanderlust - Travel - Travel Journal
The Wanderlust Thread Journal has been designed to help you to record your own travels, reminisce about past adventures and make plans for new ones.
By reflecting on each memory as you stitch each miniature memento, you are commiting those experiences to memory. It's a perfect project for those who love to explore, whilst encouraging a few moments of calm, mindfullness and reflection.
This could be a summer project, a gap year momento or even a life time journal capturing decades of places visited all on one hoop. Your project, your rules!
After creating my own Thread Journals since 2019, I wanted to share the skills that I have learnt. I have collated my monthly released focus sheets and classes to help you to learn new techniques, building your repertoire of embroidery skills and enabling you to create your very own Thread Journal.
The Thread Journal instructions come with lots of detail, pictures and step by step directions for every step of the way and is ideal for any experience level, including beginners. If you’re anything like me, videos are by far the easiest way to learn. As us crafty folk tend to be more visual learners, I have also created a series of fully narrated video tutorials to accompany the instructions.
This embroidery kit has all the supplies that you need to start your very own hand embroidered thread journal:
- 100% cotton fabric
- 20cm embroidery hoop
- Embroidery floss (x8)
- Two embroidery needles
- Embroidery scissors
- 100% cotton hand stamped bag to keep your project and supplies together and clean
- Wanderlust pattern & instructions (ready to be transferred onto your fabric)
- 2+ years of focus sheets, instructions, diagrams and ideas collated into a 48 page course.
The 48 page guide includes:
- List of supplies and tools required
- Detailed instructions for preparing your fabric & loading your embroidery hoop
- Instructions for preparing your thread and threading your needle
- Your project, your rules (hints and tips for creating your own thread journal)
- Using a reference (hints and tips for creating your own mini stitches - Please note due to the nature of the thread journal being a personal record of your own memories, individual mini stitch patterns are not included in this PDF)
- Tips and techniques to avoid for starting and stopping your thread without fiddly knots
- Links to detailed YouTube video tutorials
- Individual stitch illustrations and instructions (Month 1 includes back stitch and whipped back stitch)
- Cleaning your project
- How to “finish” the back of your embroidery, ready for display
- Mistakes happen. Don’t panic! What to do if you do something wrong
Embroidery techniques covered:
Animals & insects
- Fluffy bumble bee
- Woolly textured sheep
- Detailed bird
- Butterfly with wings that stand off your project
Celebration & birthday
- Super dimensional heart
- Explosive fireworks
- Striped birthday candles
- Woven picnic blanket
- Ice cream with a waffle cone
- Super dimensional croissant
- Shaded pumpkin
Flowers & foliage
- Sunny sunflower
- Colour variegated Rhododendron
- Beautiful Rose
- Dainty daisy
- Fluffy dandelion
- Furry dandelion clock
- Creeping vines
- Multiple techniques for leaves
- Frosty snowflakes
- Embellished and twinkly Christmas tree
- Family portrait
- Long flowing hair
- Plaited hair
Already have all the gear? The COMPLETE COURSE BOOK can also be purchased and instantly downloaded here.
PLEASE NOTE: Floss colours and scissors included in the kit may be different from those pictured.
LEGAL: Mass production, file sharing, resale and/or distribution of pattern pieces, diagrams or instructions is expressly prohibited. Due to this being a downloadable purchase, refunds are not available on this item. I’m also on Instagram: @evanssentcreations
Return and Refund PolicyIf you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 14 days of receiving your order and we will be happy to find a solution. Unfortunately we cannot refund shipping and handling fees and the customer is responsible for reshipping fees. All sale items, PDF patterns/instructions and custom orders are final and non-refundable.