Thread Journal Complete Course Instructions PDF
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A PDF DOWNLOAD - NOT A KIT. If you would like the kit, please see the other listing*
After creating a 2019, 2020 & 2021 thread journal of my own, I wanted to share the skills that I have learnt. I have collated my monthly released focus sheets and classes to help you to learn a new technique each month, building your repertoire of embroidery skills and enabling you to create your very own Thread Journal.
The thread journal instructions comes with lots of detail, instructions, diagrams, pictures and ideas collated into a 48 page course. Step by step directions guide you every step of the way and is ideal for any experience level, including beginners. If you’re anything like me, videos are by far the easiest way to learn. As us crafty folk tend to be more visual learners, I have also created a series of fully narrated video tutorials to accompany the instructions.
*NEW BONUS CONTENT* now includes a playlist of full length thread journal classes (worth an additional £180). You can find the hyperlink to the playlist on page 1.
This 48 page course includes:
- List of supplies and tools required
- Detailed instructions for preparing your fabric & loading your embroidery hoop
- Instructions for preparing your thread and threading your needle
- Your project, your rules (hints and tips for creating your own thread journal)
- Using a reference (hints and tips for creating your own mini stitches)
- Tips and techniques to avoid for starting and stopping your thread without fiddly knots
- Links to detailed YouTube video tutorials
- Individual stitch illustrations and instructions (Month 1 includes back stitch and whipped back stitch)
- Cleaning your project
- How to “finish” the back of your embroidery, ready for display
- Mistakes happen. Don’t panic! What to do if you do something wrong
This course has a total value of £240 (£10 per month), but is being offered at a highly discounted rate. Included is 2+ years of focus sheets, instructions, diagrams and ideas collated into a 48 page course.
Animals & insects
- Fluffy bumble bee
- Woolly textured sheep
- Detailed bird
- Butterfly with wings that stand off your project
Celebration & birthday
- Super dimensional heart
- Explosive fireworks
- Striped birthday candles
- Woven picnic blanket
- Ice cream with a waffle cone
- Super dimensional croissant
- Shaded pumpkin
Flowers & foliage
- Sunny sunflower
- Colour variegated Rhododendron
- Beautiful Rose
- Dainty daisy
- Fluffy dandelion
- Furry dandelion clock
- Creeping vines
- Multiple techniques for leaves
- Frosty snowflakes
- Embellished and twinkly Christmas tree
- Family portrait
- Long flowing hair
- Plaited hair
INTERESTED IN VIRTUAL CLASSES?
Become a VIP member for only £10 a month and receive the complete course and instant access to the virtual classes from 2020, 2021 & ongoing. Check it out here.
LEGAL Mass production, file sharing, resale and/or distribution of pattern pieces, diagrams or instructions is expressly prohibited. Due to this being a downloadable purchase, refunds are not available on this item.